Friday 11 November 2011

Forking & Mason

Lovely afternoon in London, first stop 'Jo Loves' new pop up shop in Mayfair...gorgeous! Next stop..shop..2nd stop..more shop...3rd Fortnum & Mason in search of truffles and goddess olives! No truffle man and no goddam olives.. of all the places I would have expected them but Oh No..and I never would have expected to see these......


BBQ Flavour Worm Crisps, Chocolate Covered Ants and Thai Green Curry Crickets...WTF!! Do people really buy and eat these??? Get me out of here I say, until I saw these....



4 plump pork pies...Mmmmm now you're talking! £14 for 4! Shall we? Oooh yes please thank you sir...just one to share and one Scotch Hen Egg! Picture to follow after brunch tomorrow....

We continued to explore the amazing food hall on the ground floor amidst the champagne n cheese chitter chatter from the rather posh bar, we soooo didn't want to go and join them we'd much rather be the annoying tourists taking pictures of all the amazing discoveries, being smiled at by jealous fellow tourists wanting and contemplating doing the same and then we found this....


Being Polish I've had my fair share of vodka or have I? Scorpion Vodka?? Edible Scorpion Vodka? Why???  Really? Yes really! Could you enjoy that? The only fun I can see in enjoying that bottle is nervously playing a drinking game and getting to the last bit and seeing what poor forker will get to crunch on that beast??? Pure josie grossy gross!

Disgusted we continue our F&M exploration.....but where's Mirek gone?? Found him! With the biggest bottle of Tabasco sauce I have ever seen..WOW that's one hot muther forker!


Amazing and I still can't actually believe that was my first trip to F&M in 36 years??? the fact that it's a 10 min walk from work is actually quite delightfull..I was more excited in there then i was in Selfridges...I'm so glad I don't have a sweet tooth cos if I did I think I would actually be obese!



2 comments:

  1. Next time you go, try the ice-cream parlor cafe upstairs. Forget the food (not that great) and just order the hot chocolate which comes with a cup of melted chocolate, a jug of chocolate milk and a mini ice-cream cone with chocolate ice cream hung off the saucer to go with it all (as if that wasn't enough chocolate already). It's pricey (no great surprise) but you get a good view over Piccadilly thrown in.

    ReplyDelete