Tuesday 15 November 2011

Tasty Tenby

Wow what a beautiful place! I really didn't expect it to be as nice as it was when I booked our 2 nights away in Tenby, took us long enough to decide that's where we wanted to go and do you know what confirmed it? An article we saw in the Metro on the way to work one morning about a guy who caught the biggest cod (think it was cod) and it would have been a world record if he hadn't of eaten half of it haha!.

4 hours from London, the hotel was lovely, people so friendly, nice hilly walk to the beach, little bit windy so grateful for ear muffs and Barbours and when we got to the coast we were gob-smacked, breathtaking views, the most amazing beaches, beautiful houses and just so tranquil it's exactly what we needed.

Discoveries galore, every corner we turned was aww look at that, wow look over there...just beautiful (that's been my fave word for the last few days).

I'm not going to write about our whole time away but I do want to share some of the best bits....


We found the most amazing hidden restaurant/pub it's called The Plantagenet with open fires, candles and vintage delights..



There we had our first taste of Tenby..delicious, local seafood fish cakes and mussels mariniere..Mmm Mmm Mmmmmm


Wanted to go back the next day but it was closed and instead we got stalked by the chef haha 

That night we went back to the hotel for dinner as the reviews had been so good and we had the best steak we've ever had ever! It really doesn't look that great in this pic so I wasn't going to share  but I had to just cos it was :-)

Sorry upside down couldn't rotate for some bizarre reason!

Next day we went back to the beach to explore the caves and look for crabs...plenty of caves but no crabs! Check this out...


So much to see and discover, so quiet and so romantic..loved every second.


For lunch we stepped into The Bay Tree, now from first impressions I reckon it could have been pretty basic but once again the taste of Tenby didn't fail to surprise us..Mirek must have had the best homemade chicken, ham and leek pie i have ever tasted something I would never have chosen but has now been added to my list of 'must makes'..buttery and so full of flavour it really was amazing!


I was still longing for my Plantagenet mussels so had some again, not quite as good but good!


The rest of the holiday we spent on the juke box in local pubs, warming up next to log fires and chasing the tide. I can't wait to go back, especially for the sail out to see the seals.










No comments:

Post a Comment