Wednesday 30 November 2011

Ten Bells Pop Up....OMG!!!

Well well well I never! 

Can I just say this article that I perused today in the Metro on my way to work is about my fave pub in London and actually apart from it being part of Ripper history, as in Jack the Ripper.. horrible thought I know but so fascinating, i dont know why it's my fave!

I think it's the feeling you feel as you walk in and think you're taking a step back in history....or is that just my mental imagination.... maybe not so much now as they moved the bar to the centre of the pub! why would you do that??? I still don't understand!

Anyway this seriously was one pub that I encouraged everyone to experience, if you didn't feel it upstairs then you sure did when you walked down the teeny staircase to the lavatories! a combo of graffitied walls, low ceilings, piping, and awful toilets which felt you were a million miles away from anyone! But time and time again I wanted to go see it just one more time....to the point I used to make my friends just go in to go and walk downstairs how cruel was that, and I always wondered why they came back with that confused are you for real? look on their faces...like I said 'know the history live the experience!' and they sold Fruli's!! another big tick on the tickbox!

Once there was even a real stuffed dog on display on the bar! and as much as my love for dogs is widely known I still found it amazingly fascinating! and just odd!

So.... the article I read this morning reads like this:


Upstairs room? OMG really? now that's amazing and I want to see! like NOW!!!


But luckily....I have till January 2012! yes please .....please.... please! Mirek? please? I don't ask for much but this one thing would actually make my year!  x

Oh and for once I don't care about the food! Did I actually say that? But I must admit it would make a massive difference :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment